|Introducing the new dapShare|
Tell me more, good sir
dapShare is a free tool to help friends share money with each other. It keeps a record of shared expenses in your sharehouse, roadtrip, group holiday, or any situation where you are paying for things that should be split. It'll remind people how much they owe, and give them your bank account details when they need to pay you. Get more information or sign up now.
The new site is a zillion times better than what it used to be. Why?
- Belong to multiple groups. Have one group for your sharehouse, start another for a group holiday. Easily move in and out of groups.
- Facebook-style commenting and newsfeed. Easily discuss payments, expenses, house news, or anything through dapShare - and get all the latest news summarised in a dashboard newsfeed.
- Bank details. Give dapShare your bank account details, and your fellow sharers can easily access them when they need to pay you back.
- Better notifications. More information in your email notifications that is relevant to you.
- Debt Alarm and Debt Reminders. Automatic debt reminders sent out when debts exceed a set value (or login to send an automated debt reminder to your fellow sharers when it suits you).
- Easier sharing. No more calculators. dapShare now does all the ugly math for you.
- More reliable. dapShare has been completely reprogrammed from scratch.
- Prettier. Yep.
Why should I use this?
1. It's quick, easy and painless to use
2. It'll make your sharehouse (or group holiday or roadtrip) simpler and happier
3. It's 100% FREE, and always will be
Yeah... thanks, but no thanks
How do you currently split expenses in your group?
If the answer is "with difficulty": dapShare takes the pain away. Just pay the bill yourself, enter it in dapShare, and all your housemates will be reminded to hit you back. It will even give them your bank account details so they can easily pay you.
If the answer is "we use a cash kitty": let me introduce you to the 21st century (hint: less paper, more web). Handling cash is clumsy and time-consuming; plus it's not transparent at all - how do you know who spent what on what? dapShare is essentially an online kitty. It's the Microsoft Word to your handwritten letter. It's the Twitter to your SMS. It's the YouTube to your... real life. Get it?
If the answer is "we don't": you'll be surprised the kinds of tensions that can arise in a sharehouse when people feel others aren't contributing. Why submit yourself to this? dapShare can provide a transparent ledger of your house's expenses, and keep track of who has paid for what, while you spend your time having fun (and occasionally cleaning the bathroom, dammit).
Still not convinced? Leave a comment below to let us know why, and we'll see if we can do better.
$342,000 already shared: much more to come
Since inception, dapShare has faciliated $342,000 worth of expenses between friends. That's a lot of money to ignore and just hope it all breaks even in the end! We like to think this means we've helped the friendships of hundreds of Australians (and possibly a few of our British members too).
To show how far we've come, here's a snapshot of dapShare circa 2006:
|dapShare. So useful you'd even endure this.|
Our goal is to get to 10,000 registered users. And when we get there, we plan on making a dapShare iPhone app to make it even easier to share money between friends.
So please, sign up and give it a try - and be sure to let your friends know if you think they'll find it useful (we reckon they will).
We'll keep our ears to the ground, and we are working to continue smoothing out the site over the coming weeks. So, most of all, we want to hear from you - if you have any feedback or suggestions, please don't even think twice about getting in touch with us.